Call us now ! Send us an email LANDMARK DR Suite 136 North Charleston United States

Back to Top

Frequently Asked Questions of Accident Victims in North Charleston

The office of Gary L. Cartee Attorney at Law in North Charleston wants to make your visit as efficient and comfortable as possible. Understanding that this may be your first time working with a personal injury attorney, I have assembled a list of frequently asked questions to help you know what to expect during your first consultation.
Q: How much is my case worth?
A: There is no way to determine the exact monetary worth of your case, but there are factors that can give you a general idea:
person talking to a lawyer
  • Loss of earning capacity
  • Lost wages
  • Pain and suffering
  • Past, present and future medical expenses

Q: How long will my lawsuit take?
A: There is no surefire way to determine exactly how long your lawsuit will take. Some lawsuits can be settled in a few months if the plaintiff does not go to trial. Other lawsuits can take years before a final resolution is reached.
Q: What do I do if the insurance company said I don’t need an attorney?
A: The goal of your insurance company is to either avoid blame or settle for the least amount of money possible. If you do not hire an attorney, you may not receive the compensation you deserve.
Q: What should I bring with me when I meet with the attorney?
A: Bring all important documents, photographs and records related to your injuries and the circumstances surrounding it. Your attorney will make copies of these documents to keep on file.
Q: Is there a minimum settlement amount?
A: No, the amount that you obtain from your settlement will depend on a variety of legal factors. Each case is unique, so there is no way to predict settlement amounts.

Call Me to Discuss Your Case in the Summerville, Charleston and Mt. Pleasant Areas

This personal injury FAQ explains the basics. If you live in the North Charleston, Charleston, Mt. Pleasant or Summerville areas, I can answer any other questions that you may have. Call me at 843-767-1800 today.